With the growing concerns regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus), please know that the health and safety of our members and guests is a priority Southmont. Our staff is closely monitoring the situation and we will follow recommendations made by the CDC and local health officials regarding public gatherings and meetings. As information develops, we will communicate via email and our website.
Will We Be Having Sunday Services?
Yes, but they will be online only for the foreseeable future. We will stream to Facebook Live as well as You Tube live. (See Re-Entry Strategy Below)
Will We Be Hosting Regular Events?
No, we have decided to cancel or postpone all scheduled events for the foreseeable future in order to minimize the risk of illness and protect those in the community. (See Re-Entry Strategy Below)
Will SCA and CDO Be Open?
For the foreseeable future, our weekday education programs will be closed until further notice. You will be updated by those respective programs when information or dates are available.
Will the Church Office Remain Open?
Our church offices will re-open Monday, May 4. You may still contact our staff by email.
SOUTHMONT’S PROPOSED RE-ENTRY STRATEGY
STAGE ONE (Current stage)
We will continue to live stream worship each Sunday at 10:45 am. Groups will continue to connect through Zoom. Wednesday Bible Study will continue at 6:00 pm online.
STAGE TWO (Target date of Sunday, May 31)
Two “adapted” services on campus at 9:00 am and 11:00 am. (Temporary adjusted service times to allow for necessary social distancing and sanitizing guidelines in between services). No choir during the 9:00 am traditional service. Both services will be offered online as well. Childcare for preschool age offered at 11:00 am only. No Sunday School classes on campus during this stage. Sunday School classes will continue to meet on Zoom. No Wednesday night programming on campus during this stage.
*Special Note: We want our 9 am service to be for those in our membership who are 65 years of age or older or anyone who has underlying health issues and a more compromised immune system. If you are not in this category, we are encouraging you to attend the 11 am service. This is not mandatory as you are free to attend any service you would like. It is merely what we are encouraging during this stage. We will not be checking your identification or asking for a history of your medical health at the door. This is merely an encouragement in order to keep everyone in our church family as healthy as possible.
STAGE THREE (Target date of Sunday, July 5)
Regular Sunday schedule returns. Will move back to 9:30 am (traditional) and 10:45 am (contemporary) worship service times on campus. All Sunday School classes will resume meeting on campus at their regular times. During this stage, we will still not have our traditional service choir or any Wednesday evening meetings on campus. Both services will continue to be streamed online.
STAGE FOUR (Target date of Sunday, August 9)
Will add the traditional choir back to the 9:30 am service on Sunday mornings. Choir will begin rehearsing on Wednesday, August 5. Will begin all Wednesday night programing on campus Wednesday, August 12.
HEALTH PROTOCOLS DURING STAGE 2
- Wearing of masks will be encouraged but not mandatory. For those who are in the higher risk category, we strongly encourage wearing a facemask while on campus. If you do not have a mask, one can be made available for you to keep.
- Social distancing will be important. We will ask everyone who is not in your immediately family and/or living in your household to maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet. While sitting in the pews, only sit next to family living in your household. For anyone not in your household, please sit 6 feet apart.
- No congregating in the foyer. Upon arrival to campus, please go immediately to the worship center and find a seat. Upon conclusion of the service, please exit the building immediately and do any visiting you would like outside. While outside, please continue to social distance 6 feet apart.
- We will not be passing an offering plate during this time. There will be a collection spot for all offerings located at the doors to the worship center.
- We will not be handing out bulletins during this time. Outlines for the sermon will be made available via email or on our website for you to print at home and bring with you, if you would like.
- There will be no need to open a door to get in or out of the church building. All doors will be opened by ushers who are wearing gloves to allow people to both enter and exit.
- The coffee bar will be closed during this stage.
- Bathrooms and pews/seating will be sanitized in between the two worship services.
- Childcare rooms being used will be thoroughly sanitized.