Who We Are
Love in Action is a mission of Southmont Baptist Church whose twofold goal is to provide ministry and outreach for primarily homebound senior adults an also prepare and deliver food packages to support our local schools and food banks.
“I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.”
Love in Action projects
Pecan Creek Elementary School
- Love In Action purchases individually wrapped snacks during the school year and delivers them to the social worker. These are provided to the children who have nothing for the mid-morning snack time
- Family Food boxes are prepared at Christmas for families selected by the staff at Pecan Creek who might need food during the Christmas holidays. The 2 boxes of food provide shelf stable food and snacks sufficient for 2 weeks. These are delivered to Pecan Creek the week prior to Christmas vacation. The social worker sees they are delivered to the families.
Sam Houston Elementary School
- Individually wrapped snacks and bottled water are provided for students during the school year
- 2 Food boxes provide shelf stable food and snacks sufficient for 2 weeks for families selected by staff at the schools at Christmas.
Strickland Middle School
- Food boxes are prepared for families selected by the staff at Strickland who might need food during the Christmas holidays.
- Food items are purchased monthly for the pantry at Strickland that serves students for the weekend
Sequoia apartments for seniors
- A volunteer purchases and delivers food and household supplies monthly for their resident’s pantry
- Valentine goodie bags are prepared and delivered by volunteers to all residents on valentine’s day.
- Christmas gift bag are prepared and delivered by individuals and families to all residents
ATTIVA apartments for seniors
- Christmas gift bags are prepared and delivered to management for residents designated by them as having limited resources or who may not receive a gift at Christmas
Southmont widows and widowers.
- Valentine goodie bags are prepared by volunteers and delivered by deacons on valentine’s day.
Need more Info?
Contact Donna Demous at email@example.com to volunteer or watch for opportunities to sign-up to pack and deliver gifts to seniors, children, and those in need.na firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or watch for opportunities to sign-up to pack and deliver gifts to seniors, children, and those in need.